The Education Week Gregory M. Chronister Journalism Fellowship is taking a hiatus this year. Please check back in early 2021 for information on the fellowship.
- A cover letter introducing yourself, offering a snapshot of your proposed project, and explaining why you are seeking the support of the fellowship.
- A current resume or CV.
- A letter of recommendation from your employer that addresses the benefits of the fellowship to you and to the Education Week audience (as well as any co-publishing outlet’s audience, as appropriate), as well as your employer’s commitment to support the project as detailed in the “Eligibility and Expectations” section on the Details page. Freelance applicants should submit a letter of recommendation from an assigning editor with, as appropriate, a commitment to serve as a co-publisher for the final project.
- Work samples, including at least two stories published during the past 12 months, and examples of your education-related reporting.
- A two- to three-page project proposal outlining your topic, why you think it’s a good package or series for the Education Week audience (and to co-publish with your news outlet, as appropriate), expected reporting locations, examples of potential sources, how you envision the final presentation, and a suggested financial budget.
- Submit your application using this form.